Introducing SafeSend Returns®
SBF is excited to introduce SafeSend Returns®- a hassle-free way to receive and review tax returns, as well as e-sign required e- filing forms right from your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Benefits of using SafeSend Returns
- Electronically sign, save, and print your tax documents.
- Have access to your tax documents for seven years.
- Electronically access your payment vouchers and receive email reminders of payments due.
- Forward your tax documents to bankers and other professional advisors through a secure email link.
- For individuals, SafeSend Returns saves you time and allows you to e-sign your 1040, receive estimated tax reminder emails, and pay your taxes and your invoice directly from your computer or smartphone.
- SafeSend Returns allows you to download, sign and conveniently distribute K-1s electronically. This saves you time so that you can focus on what really matters, your business.
How it works
- Receive an email from email@example.com.
- Click the safe link, request access code, and enter access code received via email to access your return.
- Answer identity verification questions to review and complete your return.
- Electronically sign and return your e-file authorization form(s).
- If you and your spouse both have email addresses on file, you’ll both receive emails with links to see your tax return and sign the appropriate e-file authorization paperwork. You won’t receive the emails simultaneously. The person whose name is first on the tax return will receive an email with a link that has identity verification questions specific to him or her. After successfully answering the questions, signing the e-file authorization form(s), and continuing through all pages of tax documents, you will see a message stating you have completed all necessary steps and be asked to send a reminder to your spouse to sign. After that, your spouse will receive an email and follow the same process of answering verification questions and then signing the appropriate form(s).
- If only one spouse has an email address on file, that spouse will receive the link with questions to verify their identity. Then they’ll sign the e-authorization form(s) and enter their spouse’s email address. He or she will receive and email with a link with specific verification questions. Once you both electronically signs the e-file authorization form(s), SBF will be notified that signing is complete.
- If spouses share an email address, the primary signer will receive a link with verification questions first. After they’ve signed the e-authorization paperwork, you can re-enter the shared email address again. This will generate a new link that will be emailed to your spouse to verify his or her identity and then also sign the e-file authorization forms.
Still have questions about SafeSend Returns? Contact us.