Introducing SafeSend Returns®
SBF is excited to introduce SafeSend Returns®- a hassle-free way to receive and review tax returns, as well as e-sign required e- filing forms right from your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Benefits of using SafeSend Returns
- Electronically sign, save, and print your tax documents.
- Have access to your tax documents for seven years.
- Electronically access your payment vouchers and receive email reminders of payments due.
- Forward your tax documents to bankers and other professional advisors through a secure email link.
- For individuals, SafeSend Returns saves you time and allows you to e-sign your 1040, receive estimated tax reminder emails, and pay your taxes and your invoice directly from your computer or smartphone.
- SafeSend Returns allows you to download, sign and conveniently distribute K-1s electronically. This saves you time so that you can focus on what really matters, your business.
How it works
- Receive an email from email@example.com.
- Click the safe link, request access code, and enter access code received via email or text to access your return.
- Answer identity verification questions to review and complete your return.
- Electronically sign and return your e-file authorization form(s).
- If you and your spouse both have email addresses on file, you’ll both receive emails with links to see your tax return and sign the appropriate e-file authorization paperwork. You won’t receive the emails simultaneously. One spouse will receive a link with identity verification questions specific to him or her. After successfully answering the questions and signing the e-file authorization form(s), you will be asked to input your spouse’s email address. After that, your spouse will receive an email and follow the same process of answering verification questions and then signing the appropriate form(s).
- If only one spouse has an email address on file, that spouse will receive the link with questions to verify their identity. Then they’ll sign the e-authorization form(s) and enter their spouse’s email address. He or she will receive and email with a link with specific verification questions. Once you both electronically signs the e-file authorization form(s), SBF will be notified that signing is complete.
- If spouses share an email address, the primary signer will receive a link with verification questions first. After they’ve signed the e-authorization paperwork, you can re-enter the shared email address again. This will generate a new link that will be emailed to your spouse to verify his or her identity and then also sign the e-file authorization forms.
Still have questions about SafeSend Returns? Contact us.